Martini Film Studios has once again collaborated with InFilm and North Island College to host in-person practical training at our Studios. This round of 12-week courses were offered from December 5, 2022 through to March 3, 2023, and targeted students skills in:
- Lighting, which involves assisting, developing and safely executing lighting schemes on-set;
- Grip, which provides camera and equipment support;
- Set construction, which involves design, assembly, repair and build of props and sets;
- Set dresser, which provides planning, coordinating, assembling, maintaining, and dismantling the décor for each scene; and
- Location production assistant, which provides industry certificates, knowledge, and soft skills needed to successfully enter into BC’s booming Motion Picture Industry.
This micro-credential training program was made possible thanks to the Vancouver Island North Film Commission (INFilm) and North Island College (NIC), with funding provided by the Province of BC’s Community Workforce Response Grant, Warner Bros. Discovery Access Canada Sponsorship Program and REEL CANADA.
The Reel Opportunities Program provides a series of specialized diversity and youth training programs targeted to British Columbians under-employed and under-represented seeking employment in the province’s rapidly growing motion picture industry. Funded by dedicated government and industry supports, the blended training model plays a key role in meeting labour demand while promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion.
Martini Film Studios would like to congratulate all the graduates of this amazing training programme. It was an honour to host you at our Studios and see your talents grow. We look forward to the day when you return on a professional production.